If you are a registered patient at McManus and Scott and are having dental pain or a dental emergency then please phone 01698 833088 (Holytown) or 01698 862727 (Newarthill) and we will give you an emergency dental appointment as soon as possible.
If McManus and Scott Dental Surgeries are closed please phone NHS 24 on 111 (Calls to NHS 24 are free) and they will give you full details on how access emergency dental treatment outwith our normal working hours.
McManus and Scott Dental Surgeries are happy to provide an emergency dental service to non registered patients and can even provide an appointment on the same day!
What is a Dental Emergency?
Dental Emergencies are triaged into 3 groups –
1. EMERGENCY CARE
2. URGENT CARE
3. ADVICE, SELF HELP AND ROUTINE CARE
- Trauma to teeth or mouth including facial/oral laceration and any injuries (e.g tooth knocked out)
- Oral or Facial Swelling that is significant and is worsening
- Post Extraction bleeding that the patient is not able to control with post operative advice
- Dental Conditions that have resulted in acute systemic illness or raised temperature as a result of a dental infection
- Severe trismus (unable to open mouth)
- Dental conditions that are likely to exacerbate systemic medical conditions ( e.g diabetes)
Please contact us within 60 minutes if you have any of the above or NHS 24 if we are closed.
- Dental and soft tissue infection without a systemic effect
- Severe dental and facial pain: that is pain that cannot be controlled by the patient
- Fractured/broken teeth or teeth with nerve exposure
Please contact us for advice and we will endeavour to see you on the same day or within 24 hours.
Advice, Self Help and Routine Care
- Mild or moderate dental pain that responds to pain-relief measures
- Minor dental trauma
- Fractured posts or loose or displaced crowns, bridges or veneers
- Fractured or loose-fitting dentures and other appliances
- Fractured, loose or displaced fillings
- Normal routine treatment
- Bleeding gums
Please contact us for advice and we will provide an appointment as soon as reasonably possible. We will always try to give an appointment on the same day or next when possible.