At McManus and Scott Dental Surgeries we are committed to providing the highest possible standard of care to our patients. We will work with you to manage your individual treatment needs.
We strongly believe in promoting good oral health, and time will be taken to advise you on how best to achieve this. For further information on this, and other dental topics, there are a series of online leaflets on the British Dental Health Foundation website, www.dentalhealth.org.uk
We offer a wide range of treatment options tailored to suit every individual, including a comprehensive list of NHS Dental Services.
- FREE Dental Check-ups
- X-rays and other investigations
- Scaling and polishing and other hygiene services
- Metal and some white fillings
- Root Canal Treatments
- Extractions and other minor oral surgery
- Crowns, Bridges and Veneers
- Dentures and denture repairs
- Home visits
- Dental Emergencies
Some people are exempt from payment for these services, for example those who receive Income support or who are pregnant. Most people, however, have to pay for their treatment and the prices are set by the NHS. If you are unsure whether you are exempt then call the surgery for clarification.
NHS charges are set nationally by the Government and do not vary from practice to practice and treatment deemed to be for ‘aesthetic’ need is NOT covered under the NHS.
- Patient is under 18
- Patient is 18 and in Full Time Education (up until age of 19)
- Patient is Pregnant
- Patient is Nursing Mother (until baby is 1 year old)
- Patient receives Income Support
- Patient receives Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Patient receives Employment and Support Allowance
- Patient is named on a Tax Credit Card
- Patient receives Pension Credit
- Patient is named on a HC2 Certificate
- Patient is named on a HC3 Certificate (partial payment)
At our practice, we aim to identify and treat all and any oral problems we find. Your dental check up should include an enquiry about your oral health, medical history, smoking and alcohol use, oral hygiene practices, as well as a thorough examination of your teeth, gums, mouth, jaws and surrounding area.
If you require any treatments then appointments will be made to carry them out and if you pay for your treatment you should be given an estimate of the cost.
If any other treatments are required which the NHS doesn’t support, then these may be available at our practice privately. Examples of such services include tooth-coloured fillings, metal free crowns and bridges, tooth whitening, Orthodontics, cosmetic dentures, mouthguards, implants and Facial Aesthetics.
Sometimes, you might need specialist care and in such cases we would refer you to an appropriate specialist.
We recommend a check up every six months. We would usually contact you when it is time for your check up. Please ensure that if you change any of your personal details such as your address or telephone number, that you call the surgery to let us know.
WE HAVE A FREE MOBILE TEXT REMINDER SERVICE FOR DENTAL APPOINTMENTS